Celebrate 4th of July – Recipes and lice free day
Fourth of July BBQ meatball recipe
With the Fourth of July coming up, we would like to share some amazingly easy, crowd pleasing recipes with you. All you will need for this first recipe is just these three ingredients: 1 18 ounce jar of smuckes grape jelly, 1 32 ounce bag of frozen fully cooked meatballs, and 1 18 ounce bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.
1.Combine the BBQ sauce and grape jelly in a bowl or in the base of your slow cooker.
1. Add the meatballs and stir until they are fully coated with the sauce.
2. Lastly you will cook on high for 2-3 hours, the best part about this recipe is no one will know how easy it was to make!
BBQ Chicken Recipe
This next recipe is not too time consuming at all and its for sure bound to be a memorable family favorite! You will need: 6 bone-in-skin- on chicken thighs, 6 bone-in-skin-on chicken drumsticks, 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 2 teaspoons of cumin, 2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper, ½ teaspoon of allspice, 2 cups o ketchup, ½ cup molasses, 1/3 cup of bourbon, 1/3 cup dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons hot sauce, 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce, 2 teaspoons onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic salt and lastly ¼ cup of brown sugar.
1. Gently place the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet.
2. Add all of you spices together making a spice rub: Sprinkle spice mix and rub onto chicken.
3. Then cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 6 hours.
4. Next you will make the sauce: Combine all ingredients in a large pan. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Remove from heat.
5. It is time to preheat the grill to medium low; oil when hot.
6. Cook chicken for 10 minutes, turnover and cook for 8 minutes longer.
7. Brush sauce on one side of the chicken, turn over and cook for 3 minutes.
8. Brush remaining side with sauce, turn over and cook for 3 minutes, or until cooked through.
Do Not Forget About Lice!
While celebrating this Fourth of July whether it is with family, friends or out in the community- do not forget about the risks of head lice! Put your child’s hair up, and warn them around head to head contact with other children. We at Lice Clinic America are always here for a “just checking” lice head screening anytime. Feel free to come to one of our locations nearest you!