Treating lice infestations is an accomplishment but staying away from it is definitely another one! There are many remedies online that would promise to be the best at repelling lice, but what’s the real deal? Only peppermint has been scientifically proven to repel head lice. However, not even peppermint is totally effective. In conjunction with other simple tips, peppermint would be your best ally to stay away from lice:
* Wear your hair up- braid it hair or put it up in a pony tale.
* At school, keep their jackets and other clothing in a bag .
* Educate your children not to share hats, combs or brushes, helmets or hair accessories.
* Avoid head to head contact, especially when taking pictures or selfies or when studying
* Screen them often so that you find new infestations right at the beginning.
* when traveling, protect your head.
At Lice Clinics of America we recommend to screen your children often, even having a lice comb at the shower to comb their hair after every shower. Using our preventative spray in addition to following this tips will keep those bugs away!