Taking care of the head is only the first step of treating head lice infestation. Cleaning your house, car and other belongings that possibly have lice is equally important to avoid future infestations. what to do at home after your head lice removal treatment?
Heat is the most effective ways to treat lice infestations, find a few tips on how to delouse your home:
1. Wash all the clothes, hats, jackets and linens and place them in the dryer in high heat for 30minutes. Stuffed animals and pillows can also be placed in the dryer to kill all lice.
2. Boil all the combs, brushes, head bands, clips and hair accessories.
3. For items that you can’t boil or dry out, place them in a plastic bag and leave air tight for over 48h. Lice cannot survive for more than 48h off a human head.
4. Vacuum all carpets and couches and clean your house to remove any louse that may have been left behind.
5. Vacuum your car seats and use a sticky roller to take care of fabric car seats, and a wipe to clean any plastic on your child´s car seat or car raiser.
Make sure you take all this precautions after you have been treated so that no re-infestation is possible! We are here to help so if you have any questions on delousing your house, call us and we’ll walk you through it.